Here you can get the detailed information on Psychology. Know the complete reviews and tips on Psychology our articles are very clearly written posts that any one can understand. So learn more about Psychology. read all blogs for get complete details......

Monday, August 3, 2009

An Appreciation of Martin Seligman, Father of Positive Psychology

My hope to live life in the light of optimism rather than one in pessimistic darkness was advanced by the work of Martin Seligman, a world renowned authority on depression and abnormal psychology. I became aware of him in 1999 as I prepared my master's thesis. His early book Learned Optimism was a catalyst that provided me with deep insight into positive ways of thinking and being.

Seligman's efforts are aimed to help us gain insight and to understand the why's of our chaotic condition. He writes of how the human condition is one we do not choose. That choice is made by our parents who come together in a genetic splicing. We come to this world totally invalid, unable to survive more than a few hours without our parents help. As we grow our perceptions, egos, and economies are programmed like a computer. We are taught how fulfill expectations, contribute to society and fulfill the desires of the self.

Seligman invites us to keep an open mind and look further than the structure of the body in our quest for balance in both mind and body. For most of us the purpose of life is cloudy, with moments of clarity. A healthy life seems to be one where we become aware and develop a belief system that energizes our potential .The road is never easy, heath issues arrive as the trials of life bear down on our effort to control and execute our potential.

Since 1999 and my first encounter with Seligman he has expanded his efforts to help us understand our helplessness with his self help initiatives. Seligman's insight was and is important in my education and solidifies my concept of what a healer should be and the true meaning of doctor.

My name is Bill Tallmon. I am an alternative health care doctor and offer homeopathic and naturopathic consultations, for people with both acute and chronic disease. My Doctorate degrees are Naturopathic Doctor and Doctor of Philosophy in Natural Health. I am a long time reader of ancient civilizations and ancient and modern philosophies of American, European, Greek, Chinese, Indian, Muslim, and other cultures. I am a collector of ancient and modern quotes. My PhD dissertation Natural Health and the Biotech Revolution investigates the modern wave of biotechnology and its potential impact on health.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home