Here you can get the detailed information on Psychology. Know the complete reviews and tips on Psychology our articles are very clearly written posts that any one can understand. So learn more about Psychology. read all blogs for get complete details......

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Elusive Meaning of My Dream

Dreams have been part of my memory as far back as age 2. My dreams have run the gamut from recurring dreams, falling dreams, flying dreams, to purely fantastic and enjoyable dreams. In search of the meaning of my dream that has been most constant in recent history I've visited a handful of dream dictionary websites to gain insight into this recurring dream.

In the dream I am always about to go somewhere, but upon leaving realize that I have so much luggage I can not possibly pack it all and leave. The type of luggage, situation, destination and goods that I just can't get packed changes, but the idea of having too much stuff is constant.

To research this dream I will have to pick and choose my terms, I'll try luggage and baggage to begin. Luggage symbolizes identity made up of all the things we carry around to be traveling with solid luggage or attractive luggage suggests strength in identity. Loosing your luggage can imply of feeling lost.

Baggage also implies a connection to identity. To see, carry or loose baggage in your dreams can be symbolic of problems not yet resolved in your daily life. Alternately, baggage in a humorous context can mean you are making simple things more difficult than they need be. Excesses in baggage can symbol unnecessary trips both physically and mentally or can point to excess products of identity, as if you are trying to be too many things at once.

What I've found is that the meanings of dreams are highly dependent on the interpretation of the context of waking life. Without connecting the symbolism of my dreams to my current life situation, the meaning could be in any of these definitions.

As it is, at the time of these dreams I was in transit, ending a major trip and switching my lifestyle temporarily to make money. In fact, in the process of transition I was feeling lost and my identity was being questioned. Once I literally unpacked my bags and stayed in one place for a month, the dreams stopped.

The meaning of dreams depends on the context of the dreamer's life. Using the symbols of dreams to better understand the deeper changes happening in life is a useful and effective way to move beyond latent psychological obstacles.



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Trevor_Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home